The Illinois High School Activities Foundation (IHSAF) is proud to announce its inaugural class of scholarship winners:
- Jayden Bell, Huntley High School
- Lilli Burton, Round Lake High School
- Jenna Clark, Gillespie High School
- Maria Clark, Grayslake North High School
- Daja Coleman, East St. Louis Senior High School
- Jori Dowling, Washington High School
- Anna Enderle, Chicago Christian High School in Palos Heights
- Kevin Fist, Prairie Ridge High School in Crystal Lake
- Addie Grebner, Metamora High School
- Delaney Heidtke, Woodstock High School
- Auston Koch, Central Catholic High School in Bloomington
- Adam McCollum, O’Fallon High School
- Tyler Thalgott, Bloomington High School
- Aubree Wallace, Civic Memorial High School in Bethalto
Each of the 14 winners are currently seniors at IHSA member high schools and will receive a $1,000 scholarship towards their future education. To be eligible for the scholarship, the candidates had to be seniors at IHSA schools who plan to:
A) Major in education in college (or)
B) Intend to get involved in the coaching profession after high school (or)
C) Are currently licensed and actively working as an IHSA official.
“The goal of the IHSAF is to support the mission of the IHSA, and that mission cannot be achieved without the next generation of educators, coaches, and officials,” said Dr. Robert Nolting, the Superintendent of District 230 and President of the IHSAF Board of Directors. “We are incredibly proud to be able to present scholarships to these 14 deserving young people who will positively impact high school students in the near future, as well as those already making a difference as licensed IHSA officials.”
The 14 honorees told their stories via a video submission, reflecting on how high school participation has impacted their lives, as well as why they have been inspired to teach, coach, or officiate.
The Illinois High School Activities Foundation (IHSAF) is a private 401(c)3 non-profit organization that works in conjunction with the Illinois High School Association (IHSA) to support and advance the mission of the IHSA. The IHSAF raises funding via its annual golf outing, named in honor of former IHSA Executive Director Dr. Marty Hickman, as well as other new initiatives like an online 50/50 drawing. The IHSAF is governed by an independent Board of Directors comprised of personnel from IHSA member schools. To learn more about or contribute to the IHSAF, click here.