The Illinois High School Association is seeking applications to fill two Digital Media/Media Relations Internship positions during the 2015-16 school year. One intern position per semester, running from August-January and January-June. Exact dates TBD and flexible based on schedule. On-site is preferred, but remote is possible.
Credit/hours determined based upon applicant schedule and collegiate internship hour requirements if applicable. Internship position is unpaid. Reimbursement will be provided for any appropriate/approved expenses related to the internship.
Responsibilities and Duties:
The intern will report directly to IHSA Assistant Executive Director Matt Troha, with additional responsibilities as assigned by the IHSA Executive Director, and will be responsible in assisting with the following:
• Contributing content to the IHSA’s social media efforts and original content website IHSA State
• Assist in media relations efforts related to state final events
• Attend select events and IHSA state finals as a social media correspondent or in other capacities
• Contribute to a variety of projects including assisting with the production of state championship broadcasts, managing social media accounts and editing content on the IHSA website.
• Other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications:
• Strong writing skills (published work & sports writing experience may be beneficial, but not required).
• Experience with a variety of social media streams, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram & Snapchat.
• Able to communicate effectively verbally.
• Technologically literate (able to effectively use computers, tablets, cameras, etc.)
• Attentive to details, well-organized, able to work independently.
• Demonstrated ability to execute assigned projects in a timely and professional manner.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• A background and general understanding of athletics and athletic events may be beneficial, but is not required.
• A background and general understanding of Illinois high schools may be beneficial, but not required.
To Apply, Please Send the Following:
• A one-page cover letter
• A resume (two page maximum)
• A writing sample and/or publication to which you have contributed if applicable
• A list of three references
Assistant Executive Director
via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
• Applications due by October 1, 2015.
• Interviews will follow in October
• Internship to begin in late October
The IHSA is an Equal Opportunity Employer