The Illinois High School Association (IHSA) Board of Directors met for their March meeting on Saturday, March 18, 2017, at the Pere Marquette in Peoria.
The Board acted on two action items during the regularly scheduled meeting: ACTION ITEMS
1. The IHSA Board approved a recommendation to set a date for the IHSA’s first annual Road Race, which will be held on the Saturday of Week 48 in the IHSA standardized calendar, meaning the inaugural event will unfold on Saturday, June 3, 2017. The race’s location and signup process will be announced soon.
2. The IHSA Board approved a recommendation to approve revisions to the IHSA’s Principals Concurrence Form, while adding a component to the transfer process that may be requested to be completed by the coach at the receiving school. The forms will be used for transfer students beginning in the 2017-18 school year. APPEALS & HEARINGS
1. The Board sustained the Executive Director’s ruling on a student from Edwardsville (Metro-East Lutheran). The student was ruled ineligible for non-compliance with IHSA By-laws 3.040 and its sub-sections.
2. The Board sustained the Executive Director’s ruling on a student from Lebanon High School. The student was ruled ineligible for non-compliance with IHSA By-laws 3.030 and 3.040. DISCUSSION ITEMS
At each meeting of the Board of Directors, there are certain items the Board discusses, but upon which no action is taken. The following is a report of those items from the March 18, 2017, agenda:
1. The Board recognized IHSA official Bill Laude
, who will be inducted into the NFHS National High School Hall of Fame
on July 2, 2017 at the NFHS Summer Meeting in Providence, Rhode Island.