With many traditional high school team activities currently altered or on hold, the IHSA and Double Good are teaming up for a special TikTok challenge that will promote team unity and also give back to the community!
The IHSA Holiday TikTok Challenge presented by Double Good urges IHSA teams to dance along to the jingle bells by putting together a holiday-themed dance video set to holiday music on TikTok. Keeping in mind the reason for the season, Double Good has pledged to donate $250 dollars to the winning team and another $250 dollars to their favorite non-profit just in time for the holidays!
Participating teams must submit their video to the IHSA by December 7 and follow the parameters listed below. Teams will be judged on their creativity, originality, and showmanship. A special judging panel will determine the Top 4 finalists, at which point the winner will be crowned via online fan voting at IHSA.org and on social media.
IHSA Holiday TikTok Challenge Parameters
- Choose a Holiday song (song bites are on TikTok) and choreograph. You can also choose an existing holiday challenge or dance to learn and do.
- 75% or more of your team must participate.
- 30-second minimum; 60-second maximum.
- Videos recorded on TikTok help with timing and ease of editing. Encourage team members to record on TikTok. It can be listed as private and they do not have to post it publicly.
- Videos can be submitted to the coach via email and edited together. Example below. If video sizes are too large they can upload it to Google Drive and be sent that way.
- Must include these hashtags #IHSA and #DoubleGood
- Videos must be submitted here by Monday, December 7 at Noon. Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Located in Chicagoland and popping 15,000 pounds of handmade, ultra-premium popcorn every day, Double Good is a community of like-minded dreamers, doers, believers, and thinkers committed to helping kids do what they love. A prominent partner in fundraising efforts for youth and high school sports in Illinois and around the country, Double Good’s commitment to helping kids took on additional meaning with the launch of the Double Good Kids Foundation, which provides equipment, education, and experience for kids with special needs. See more on Double Good’s success working with IHSA teams and schools here:
Double Good | Mount Carmel Raised from Double Good on Vimeo.