March 2013 Board Meeting Recap
March 18, 2013
The Illinois High School Association (IHSA) Board of Directors met for their regularly scheduled
meeting at the IHSA Boys Basketball State Finals in Peoria on Saturday, March 16, 2013.
1. The Board approved the Board meeting schedule for the 2013-14 school year. The meeting schedule is as follows:
Monday, August 26, 2013
Monday, September 16, 2013
Wednesday, October 16, 2013
Monday, December 16, 2013
Monday, January 13, 2014
Wednesday, February 19, 2014
Saturday, March 22, 2014
Tuesday, April 22, 2014
Monday, June 16, 2014
2. The Board approved a waiver for Berwyn-Cicero (Morton) of IHSA By-laws 3.021 and 3.022.
The waiver allows students at the school to be eligible with only 20 credit hours (four classes)
per semester and on a weekly basis.
3. The Board approved a rule waiver request by the North Suburban Conference for Boys
Volleyball. Per the request of the IHSA Volleyball Advisory Committee, teams in the North
Suburban Conference will stay on the same bench for the entire match. The conference will
report back to the advisory committee on the results.
APPEALS & ELIGIBILITY RULINGS
1. The Board sustained the Executive Director’s ruling of the forfeiture of matches by several
wrestlers from Shelbyville High School who did not meet the guidelines of the Weight Control
Plan this season and were not eligible for those matches.
2. The Board sustained the Executive Director’s ruling on a student from Rockford (Guilford).
The student was ruled ineligible for non-compliance with IHSA By-law 3.022.
3. The Board sustained the Executive Director’s ruling on a student from Lisle (Benet). The
student was ruled ineligible for non-compliance with IHSA By-law 3.040 and its sub-sections.
At each meeting of the Board of Directors, there are certain items the Board discusses, but upon which no action is taken. The following is a report of those items from the March 16, 2013, agenda:
1. The Board met with administrators from Kankakee High School to discuss IHSA by-laws.